Code Climate helps engineering teams deliver better code, faster with our modern solutions for software quality management. Our product provides clear, timely, and actionable insights into the health of their source code and development processes.
We're looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. Successful team members bring strong product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
Examples of problems you'll be solving:
- Improving user experiences that software developers depend on during their day-to-day workflow
- Leading architecture discussions during feature development to ensure that projects are built in a sound, reliable, performant way
- Mentoring other engineers on best practices for software engineering
- Guiding incident response and vulnerability remediation efforts
- Optimizing the performance of components for both latency and throughput
- Monitoring all of the above in a scalable way (We all do ops, so we depend on automation.)
- Contributing to and collaborating on Open Source software
We're looking for someone awesome because:
- You have 8+ years of software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby as well as at least one statically typed language like Java or Go.
- You are comfortable leading architecture planning and discussing trade-offs between engineering and business goals.
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You care deeply about uptime and reliability.
- You love helping other developers work more effectively and have Open Source contributions that show it.
- You are able to take responsibility for projects end-to-end from idea to completion.
- Other people at the companies you worked for wanted you on their projects.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around twenty people who enjoy what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace of during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.