Code Climate helps engineering teams deliver better code, faster with our modern solutions for software quality management. Our product provides clear, timely, and actionable insights into the health of their source code and development processes..
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for maintaining our core platform and services which process about 700 billion lines of source code every weekday, while delivering the most precise, accurate, reliable and fast code quality analytics available. Given the rigorous runtime requirements, the technical challenges we face are a mix of analytics at scale (think MixPanel) with a helping of PaaS thrown in (à la Heroku).
We're looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you'll be responsible for working on the critical task of ensuring our backend systems are rock solid and scalable. Strong candidates will bring strong engineering and operations acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
Examples of problems you'll be solving:
- Architecting scalable, high availability microservices to fit an environment with rigorous production requirements
- Ensuring Code Climate delivers a stellar experience across all our deployment models: our hosted SaaS application, on-premises software installed behind our customers datacenters, and our forthcoming scaled down, open source Community Edition
- Educating engineers throughout the company on how to ensure their projects meet our reliability, performance, and security requirements
- Reducing the server-side and front-end latency of our application to deliver a lightning fast user experience
- Optimizing our $30k+ AWS bill by increasing throughput and resource efficiency, while planning capacity for the next two years of growth
- Designing and scaling the next evolution of our data tier, with an eye towards enabling new product development initiatives
- Maintaining and bolstering the security of our systems, as well as the processes to ensure that security persists.
We're looking for someone awesome because:
- You have deep software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby as well as at least one statically typed language like Java or Go
- You believe in the benefits of immutable infrastructure and understand what it takes to implement it from the operating system level up to datacenter deployments
- You love open source software and are looking to write more of it.
- You know the difference between a MTTR and MTTD and have the skills necessary to optimize them within complex operating environments.
- You care deeply about the customer-facing side of site reliability work, understanding that every metric has a human behind it somewhere.
- You feel comfortable leading robust and thorough root cause analysis (RCA) sessions to attack problems at their core and ensure they don’t recur.
- You take responsibility for projects from idea to completion, proactively seeking assistance as needed while guiding the work to successful outcomes
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around twenty people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace of during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.