Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
The successful candidate will provide tier-2/tier-3 support and resolution to customer issues that require perusing through the code-base as well as working with data to analyze and determine root-cause for reported issues. As such, the successful candidate will work closely with the Support Specialists, Engineering team, and the Go-to-market technical teams.
- Great opportunity to get first-hand view of hundreds of operational CI/CD and SDLC environments of our customers
- Opportunity to lead the cross-functional support escalation process working in close collaboration with Engineering and customer-facing teams.
- Work with a team of smart and passionate folks and add to the our culture
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Triage, troubleshoot and determine root-cause for complex issues that are escalated by the Support Specialists. These are Tier-2 and Tier-3 tickets that require some code reading and scripting to triage and troubleshoot.
- Validate expected behavior or feature/bug categorization for complex workflow related questions initiated as Support Tickets.
- Answer workflow and product capability questions in internal issue/escalation channels.
- Write scripts to process data and export data based on customer requests for data exports to triage issues or validate solutions
- Where feasible, determine solutions or bug-fixes to enable the Engineering team to resolve issues.
- Communicate issue details and solution/resolution with a diverse audience including go-to-market team as well as customers.
- Document best practices, process improvements etc. to ensure cross-team learning.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have a good working knowledge of SDLC, CI/CD and Devops processes and associated tech stack such as Git, Jira, etc.
- You have intermediate or expert level knowledge in Ruby
- You have prior technical support and escalation process ownership and experience.
- You have good knowledge of technical support tool-stacks such as Zendesk, JIRA, etc.
- You are a self-starter and can independently drive progress by recognizing what’s required to solve problems.
- You hold a penchant for problem solving and ability to communicate complex technical issues and their resolution to a diverse audience.
- You have customer facing experience and comfort.
- You embrace the Code Climate culture and fit right into a Customer-based team!
- 8+ years of relevant experience in an Escalation Support role
- Engineering degree in computer engineering or related field
- Intermediate to expert level programming skills in Ruby on Rails
- Intermediate to expert level programming skills in SQL
- Expert level domain knowledge in SDLC processed and associated tech stack (Git, Jira etc.)
- Intermediate+ domain knowledge in enabling SaaS technologies such as SSO, Docker/Kubernetes, DevOps etc.
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment.
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.