Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers improve their efficiency, process, and code. We want to help technology organizations scale and support developers as they grow.
Code Climate operates in a very technology + developer-heavy space. If you are a talented data-driven design designer who thrives in both solving problems and designing well-crafted design solutions in the form of artifacts like, user stories, user journeys, user interfaces, and design systems, then you have our attention.
About The Role
As a Product Designer, you will help our design and product team execute on Code Climate’s vision to be a design-lead organization that redefines how engineering teams work. You’ll do this by learning to apply the right use of methodologies, tactics, and approaches to design products users love and build great SaaS software simultaneously. We’re not looking for you to just push pixels all day or follow “our design process.” You will be directly responsible for helping us stand up a design practice that believes great design is a framework to solve complex problems by iterating through validated solutions.
- Collaborate within close proximity to and embedded within multidisciplinary product and engineering teams.
- Work alongside other Product Owners, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers on iterative improvements and feature implementation.
- Process a combination of design facilitation skills and killer hands-on UX/UI instincts when it comes to designing interfaces and UX prototyping.
- Help shape our practice’s tactical and operational capabilities by hiring and helping retain amazing designers and help shape our team’s and the company’s culture
- Mentor junior designers in their practice, prioritization, strategy for career alignment and growth
- Experience in working within agile software development team who work in sprints (This means you do everything from attending stand-ups to facilitate user testing sessions)
- At least 2 years of experience designing interfaces in an iterative software development environment
- At least 3 years of experience designing digital products
- At least 2 years experience working with Design Systems, UI Libraries in Figma
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record shipping interaction design work for web applications that includes testing and validating your design decisions
- Your product design / UI design chops come from experience iterating fast by validating quickly and often
- You give and receive feedback well, and support and improve the work of your colleagues
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment start-up
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- Solid understanding of atomic UI design principles
- You use mindmaps and other artifacts to audit understand and abstract data models, process flows, and other complex data entity relationships
- Have a good understanding of information architecture principles for interactive experiences designed to facilitate workflows and bring about operational efficiency.
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or tools for Engineers and Engineering Managers
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, Upclick, Plural Sight, or Azure
Working at Code Climate
- We are NYC-based and expect you to be local too (currently fully remote & flexible)
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Open vacation policy and parental leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
- Take advantage of a change of pace during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.