Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers improve their efficiency, process, and code. We want to help technology organizations scale and support developers as they grow.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Writer to join our marketing team. They will create content in the form of blog posts, downloadable assets, ebooks, and webinars for demand generation, sales, and customer success purposes. This is an opportunity to help scale the messaging for a new product throughout the organization, help carve a niche within the industry, and be part of a fast-growing startup.
You're awesome because…
- You have at least 2 years of content writing experience in the B2B SaaS or DevOps space, and can understand and speak to a range of personas, including developers and executives
- You have a strong editorial instinct with a positive attitude towards providing and receiving feedback
- You have many strong writing samples in the form of company blogs, sales collateral, or pieces of technical journalism
- You have a deep interest in software development
- You want to grow into a highly technical Sales, Customer Success, or Marketing leader
- You’re proud of your ability to write clearly and succinctly
- You’re able to turn around a draft of a 1,000-word article in a day
- You’re resourceful and proud of your Googling skills
- You take initiative and are always looking for ways to improve processes
- You’re maniacally customer-focused with a strong sense of integrity
About the Role
- Writing and editing SEO-friendly content for the blog, webinars, and events
- Crafting compelling email campaigns to drive event signups or nurture prospects along our marketing funnel
- Breaking down long form materials into shareable social content
- Conducting interviews with internal and external engineering leaders for case studies and blog posts
- Ideation and identification of content gaps in the existing material
- Project managing the design and distribution of content
Working at Code Climate
- We are NYC-based and expect you to be local too (currently fully remote & flexible)
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Open vacation policy and parental leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
- Take advantage of a change of pace during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.