Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and thousands of customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams--from helping developers improve their day-to-day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data for better decision-making.
We’re looking for a “customer first” focused leader who’s excited about growing business-critical product lines. In this role, you will develop strategic partnerships with your Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, and Engineering peers, go deep in a problem space or domain, and translate your vision into a comprehensive go-to-market strategy. You will be expected to foster future leaders while building diverse and inclusive teams. This role will be a high-impact leadership position that will collaborate closely and strategically with other leaders across the company. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and able to translate technical capabilities into tangible operationalized benefits that are attractive for both buyer and user personas.
Examples of problems you'll be solving
- Responsible for the sales readiness, support, and post-launch activities for Code Climate products
- Leverage market, competitive, and in-product analytics to help inform positioning, pricing, L&D curriculum, and distribution
- Drive the packaging of all new and existing products and communicate the value proposition and product benefits to internal and external stakeholders
- Research and stay on top of the latest happenings in our space. This will include conducting research based on competitor product suites to aid our product prioritization and creating competitive materials and positioning (for example battle cards) for our sales and customer success teams.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to build out customer personas, segmentation, and recommendations that will inform and influence our product roadmap and marketing strategy. Maintain intelligence on competition and industry, providing insights cross-functionally.
- Plan the launch of new products, feature releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Conduct product roadmap training w/ collateral for the entire company and key external stakeholders
- Own product positioning and work with marketing communications on creating collateral material including product decks and competitive positioning
- Work with customers to better understand their needs and experiences as well as to communicate Code Climate’s capabilities.
- Develop and deliver content for webinars, events, and speaking opportunities.
- Reporting: Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement after launches. This will include crafting a POV on what makes product launches successful (when do we launch, where do we promote, how do we leverage different channels and communications) and collaborating with cross-functional teams to set ambitious, but reasonable goals for product launches
- You tell us what you should do and what you want to do. We don’t want to restrict you to a bullet point list of activities. The ideal candidate will work with leadership to identify new high-leverage activities and opportunities for growth. Our job is to set you up for success and let you take ownership as a product marketer leader.
You're awesome because…
- You have 7+ years of SaaS Product Marketing and/or Product Management experience (Bachelor's degree in Marketing preferred)
- You have demonstrable experience in the successful planning and executing product launches
- You have proven experience in building teams and managing other Product Marketing Managers
- You have experience motivating a team to drive toward short deadlines, cross-functional. dependencies, and competing priorities
- You have proven ability to effectively collaborate with executive leadership and to lead cross-functional initiatives
- You have the ability to think and work strategically, but also execute as an individual contributor
- You have a proven track record in supporting worldwide sales and customer success teams meet revenue and product adoption goals
- You are a great writer and thinker; exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are a data-informed, creative thinker with an affinity for a fast-paced work environment
WORKING AT CODE CLIMATE
- Join a small team of around 50 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.