Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and 1,000's customers improve the efficiency of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams--from helping developers improve their day-to-day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data for better decision-making.
We’re looking for a UX-focused design leader who’s excited about growing business-critical product lines while achieving a high bar for ease-of-use for our customers. In this role, you will develop strategic partnerships with your Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, and Engineering peers, go deep in a problem space or domain, and translate your vision into a comprehensive experience strategy. You will be expected to foster future leaders while building diverse and inclusive teams.
- Lead and develop a team of UX Designers by setting clear objectives, establishing a strong design process, and building a strong team culture
- Establish design processes and design systems that maintain a high level of creative execution and reduce engineering cycle times while making space for innovative and divergent exploration
- Work toward developing a deep understanding of customer needs through ongoing qualitative and quantitative insights
- Develop a point of view about the customer journey in partnership with stakeholders from across the organization and our strategic customers
- Provide guidance about how to measure outcomes and track valuable behaviors in the platform
- Develop product design and UX strategies that are informed by user research, business objectives, and strong design sensibility
- Partner with Product and Engineering to develop strategic goals for the Velocity user experience and work with your team to bring that vision to life
- Measure product quality and make sure it meets a high bar of quality for release
- Thoughtfully organize and scale your team, aligning strengths to customer problems, and providing opportunities for career growth
- You tell us what you should do and what you want to do. We don’t want to restrict you to a bullet point list of activities. The ideal candidate will work with leadership to identify new high-leverage activities and opportunities for growth. Our job is to set you up for success and let you take ownership of your outcomes.
- 7-10 years of in-depth knowledge and experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline
- Strong, demonstrable experience delivering successful and intuitive products — we value experience solving enterprise-level problems for the entire lifecycle of B2B product environments
- A developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- You have crafted beautifully designed experiences with great attention to detail that drive valuable behaviors across products
- You use data to successfully inform your decision-making process and measure your outcomes
- You have experience championing, defining, and scaling design systems
- You have successfully run a multitude of focused, constructive and action-driven design critiques
- You have experience managing employees that work with cross-functional product and engineering teams in an agile or scrum environment
- You have experience leading, coaching, and growing UX/Design teams
- You have a deep understanding of UX best practices in B2B applications
YOU’RE AWESOME BECAUSE
- You have an interest in entrepreneurship, high-growth environments, and are comfortable with risk
- You are a maker at heart, enjoy diving into the details of a design, and love solving challenging problems
- You bring a product mindset to design, balancing design craft and business needs
- You are equally comfortable both communicating big-picture strategy and delegating its execution, as well as working side-by-side with your team and ‘teaching by doing’
WORKING AT CODE CLIMATE
- Join a small team of around 50 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.