Business Development Representative - Outbound
Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and 1,000's customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams--from helping developers improve their day-to-day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data for better decision-making.
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to help grow a brand new department and to be on the front lines of accelerating revenue growth for the company.
In this role, you are part salesperson, part techie who educates tech leaders about Code Climate. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to the sales department of a fast-growing, market-defining company. While you build relationships with engineering professionals, you will also be contributing to the strategic direction of the department as a whole.
- Create and execute strategic outbound lead generation campaigns.
- Effectively sell the value of a complex engineering analytics product while overcoming objections.
- Conduct cold calls with Engineering Leaders, generate interest, and book next steps.
- Contribute to company sales and marketing strategies.
- Carve out and own a sector of the software industry while building relationships with leaders in the space.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing to perfect our messaging.
- Achieve quarterly and monthly quotas of qualified opportunities.
- A deep interest in software development.
- Tenacity and strong desire to exceed goals.
- Ability to influence business decision makers
- ~1 year of experience working in sales development within a SaaS company.
- Experience working with an analytics-based software product.
- Prior experience with software development in any form is a big plus!
You’re Awesome Because:
- You want to grow into a highly technical sales leader or marketer.
- You are experienced in selling an analytic solution or complex product.
- You take initiative and find solutions to broken processes and improvements to those that seem to work well.
- You take pride in your written and verbal communication skills. Sometimes you go back and read things you’ve written.
- You’re maniacally customer focused with a strong sense of integrity.
- You’re excited to develop new sales plans and strategies.
- You're never afraid to strike up a conversation with someone new, online or in person.
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around 35 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.