Code Climate is the world's largest engineering intelligence platform, helping over 100,000 developers, and 1,000's of customers improve the efficacy of their people, process, and code. Our product suite helps run software engineering teams -- from improving developers day to day experience to providing engineering leaders with intelligent data to help them make important decisions. With a vast and growing customer list and an ever growing Sales team, we are looking for our very first Sales Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Sales & Solution Engineering team, influencing how our customers do their most mission critical work, empowering them to build, and giving them autonomy to explore all that the platform can do.
In this role, you will work directly with the sales team during the pre-sales stages in order to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business. You will not only be on Code Climate's front line, talking to users, and building relationships; but you'll become the customer's advocate inside the company, driving minds together to envision how future customers could use Code Climate to transform their engineering teams.
As a key part of the external face of Code Climate, we're looking for someone to take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our customer prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via over the phone.
Examples of problems you'll be solving
- Develop processes and workflows to help us build a best-in-class sales and solution engineering organization
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Code Climate’s Velocity technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Proactively and accurately identify and challenge prospect pain points to propose creative solutions
- Scope, align and execute mutual evaluation plans with potential customers to ensure they are effectively learning, extracting value, and engaging with our platform & services
- Educate a variety of audiences on both technical and functional product analytics concepts (i.e. platform demos, implementation reviews, workshops, proofs of concept, executive readouts)
- Stay up-to-date on product releases and new enhancements that could affect Code Climate’s offerings in the sales process
- Document and communicate product feedback and product-related challenges from the field
You're awesome because...
- You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences. Proven ability to establish trust with clients and ability to influence key decision makers in the sales cycle
- 4+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering at a growing SaaS company; customer-facing experience is a must
- You are comfortable and excited about working in a fluid, fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment, and have the ability to bring process and structure to this new function at Code Climate
- You have experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs independently and effectively
- You have an analytical mind and in-depth familiarity with data tools like Excel, Tableau, SQL consoles, or Linux along with a working knowledge of statistics.
- You enjoy providing live demonstrations of SaaS platforms to prospective customers
- You are team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- You have a passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for customers
- You have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills in front of all audiences and enjoy providing live demonstrations of SaaS platforms to prospective customers
Working at Code Climate
- Join a small team of around thirty five people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Take advantage of a change of pace during our regular hack weeks and occasional company retreats
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.